Wildlife Sanctuary + East LA Shot + Monrovia Stargazers
Happy Friday all. This is your local patch editor here with the latest edition of Monrovia Digest to get you ready for the weekend. Some of the main stories include the restoration of the Mount San Antonio College Wildlife Sanctuary, a deadly shootout in eastern Los Angeles, and a local group of astronomers in Monrovia offering stargazing views to all passers-by.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Mostly sunny and very hot. High: 92 Low: 66.
Here are the best stories today in Monrovia:
- Restoring Mount SAC Wildlife Preserve Habitat Means Rare Birds Won’t Fly In The Chicken Coop (The San Gabriel Valley Tribune)
- Design Commission approves condos for the old railroad right-of-way strip (Pasadena Now)
- Ongoing investigation into the shooting of a member of Parliament in eastern LA; 1 person shot, 1 dead at the scene (KTLA Los Angeles)
- California COVID-19 case rate now higher than many southern states, double that of Florida (KABC-TV)
- Stargazing with Astronomers from Monrovia Old Town Sidewalk (Monrovia Patch)
Today’s Monrovia Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Monrovia!
- Monrovia Kiwanis Club: “Come visit us at @jakesroadhouse in Monrovia for our next lunch meeting on Thursday November 18th! 🎉” (Facebook)
- City of Monrovia – Government: “🔭 Stop at the corner of Myrtle Avenue and Lime Avenue on Saturday, November 13 and join the Old Town sidewalk astronomers to eventually see: Moon, Venus, Jupiter and Saturn 🪐” (Facebook)
- PTA Mayflower: “The coffee with the manager is on 11/15 at 8:30 am! Come join us! See Place Parent for more information!” (Facebook)
- Santa Anita Family YMCA: “Register today for our next blood drive on RedCrossBlood.org and enter the location code YMCAMONROVIA. All donors who participate on November 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. will receive a $ 10 Amazon gift card. ” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed! See you soon. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Andy Nguyen
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Monrovia Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]